We call on Labour to campaign for:
• The right to self-isolate on full pay for all. Public provision of alternative accommodation for people in crowded housing who need to self-isolate.
• A public test-and-trace operation, not a mess contracted out through organisations like Serco.
• Private hospitals to be taken into emergency public ownership and integrated into the NHS. A 15% pay rise for NHS workers.
• Take social care into public ownership and reorganise it as a free, well-funded public service, with its staff on public-sector pay and conditions
• Requisition Big Pharma to allow maximum production of vaccines to meet worldwide need; requisition industry to secure adequate supplies of PPE; take NHS logistics and supply in-house
• Workers’ control over workplace safety. Reworking of all workplace risk assessments to deal with new virus variants
• Extension and strengthening of the furlough and self-employed support schemes.